Frequently Asked Questions:
Enhanced Security Registration Annual Renewal!
Enhanced Login Security registration on PCs and mobile devices expire after 365 days, at which time you will be prompted to renew your registration by receiving a secure access code. To ensure uninterrupted access to your accounts, please make sure your phone numbers and email addresses listed for Secure Access Code delivery are current. Follow the instructions below to update your contact info.
How to update your phone number and email address for Secure Access Code delivery:
1. Log into Online Banking using a web browser
2. Under the Preferences menu select Security
3. Select the Secure Delivery tab
4. Edit your secure delivery contact information
What is Enhanced Security?
- To protect your online information and accounts, Secure Access Codes are required to log into Online Banking and Mobile Banking from "unregistered" computers and devices. This is in addition to your regular login password. If you register your computer you will not need to use another Secure Access Code. Enhanced Security registration expires after 365 days, at which time you will be prompted to renew your registration with another secure access code.
- At login you will choose the delivery method to receive your Secure Access Code:
- Text message
- Voice phone call
What if I don't have access to any of the email accounts or phone numbers listed?
- If you do not have access to your phone numbers or email addresses we have on file, you will not be able to continue until you gain access or call the Credit Union for assistance. After you log in, you can change the phone numbers and email addresses used for delivery of Secure Access Codes.
Why do I have to enter a Secure Access Code every time I log in?
- Each time you successfully use a Secure Access Code you will be presented with an option to save the Enhanced Security registration to your computer or mobile device. If you register your computer you will not need to use another Secure Access Code to log in. However if you registered your computer, but continue to be prompted for Secure Access Codes at login, your computer may have a setting that is deleting the registration (browser cookie). Make sure your browser or security software is not set to delete our website's cookies. Please contact us for assistance.
- Mobile App Users: Mobile Banking allows registration to be saved for only one Login ID per mobile device. If you regularly use more than one Login ID (Member Number) on the same mobile device, please ask us about linking your accounts to a single login.
Why am I unexpectedly prompted for a Secure Access Code on a registered computer?
- If you are unexpectedly prompted for a Secure Access Code when you log into a computer that is already registered, there are a couple of possible reasons for this. Enhanced Security registration expires after 365 days, at which time you will be prompted to renew your registration with another secure access code. It is also possible your registration (browser cookie) has been deleted. Make sure your browser or security software is not set to delete our website's cookies. Please contact us for assistance.
Why is Enhanced Security required?
- Enhanced Security is required on all accounts for security and privacy purposes. Enhanced Security complies with the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines for Internet Banking Authentication.
Step by Step Login Guide:
These instructions include samples of the screens you will see as you complete the login process.
1. Getting Started - Account Login:
- Browse to www.centralwcu.org or open our Mobile Banking app
- Enter your Login ID and password
- Click Secure Login
2. Select Delivery Method:
- Select your preferred Secure Access Code delivery method: phone call, text message or email.
- If you do not have access to any of the phone numbers or email addresses listed on this page, you will not be able to continue until you gain access or call the Credit Union for assistance. After you log in you will be able to add and remove phone numbers and email addresses used with Enhanced Security.
- Text and phone call methods are encouraged to avoid delayed delivery. If you use email it is recommended to add centralwcu.org or Notifications@centralwcu.org to your email safe senders list to avoid delivery to Junk Mail.
- Click Submit
3. Enter Delivered Secure Access Code:
- Do not close this page. If you unintentionally closed this page or you need to use your web browser to check your email to receive a secure code, see instructions at the end of this document on how to properly return to this page.
- Wait for your code to be delivered.
- Delivery times: 5 to 30 seconds for phone calls and text messages. 5 seconds to 5 minutes for email depending on traffic levels and your email provider; check your Junk Mail folder.
- If you do not receive your code within the time frames listed above, return to the prior page and repeat the process; try another delivery method if available.
- Enter the Secure Access Code you received
- Click Submit
4. Register your Computer – Activate Browser:
- Optionally you may choose to activate your browser if you are using a private computer where you will regularly access online banking. You will not be prompted for a Secure Access Code the next time you log in. Otherwise choose one-time access and you will be prompted for a Secure Access Code the next time you log in.
- Click Submit
5. Enhanced Security Login is complete!
- Use step six below if you wish to change the list of phone numbers and email addresses available for secure delivery.
6. How to change your Delivery Contact Information:
- Login to online banking
- Select Security under the Preferences menu
- Select the Secure Delivery tab
- Edit your secure delivery contact information
Additional Enhanced Security Help:
If you need to use your web browser to check email to retrieve your Secure Access Code
- Do not close the “Enter Secure Access Code” page; instead open a new Window or browser Tab. If you accidentally closed the Enter Secure Access Code page, see the help section below.
If you unintentionally closed the “Enter Secure Access Code” page or navigated back to the “Secure Identification” page:
- If you closed the page where you enter your Secure Access Code, restart the login process, but choose “I already have a Secure Access Code” on the “Secure Identification” page.
- If you accidentally navigated back to the “Secure Identification” page, choose “I already have a Secure Access Code” and click Submit.
- NOTE: Anytime you return to the “Secure Identification” page after you have already generated a Secure Access Code to your phone, text or email, make sure you select “I already have a Secure Access Code” and click Submit. If you choose to generate a second or third Secure Access Code when you return to this page, all prior Secure Access Codes you generated will be invalid. Only the last Secure Access Code generatedwill be validated.